Registration of an Imported Dog
Fee : $350.00 (for HKKC members only)
Details for Application :
(1) The overseas kennel club in which the dog is registered must be recognized by the Hong Kong Kennel Club. Please enquire us for a list of recognized overseas kennel clubs.
If an imported dog has to be registered in the Hong Kong Kennel Club, the following documents are required:
– a completed application form – registration of an imported dog; (download here)
– the original export pedigree certificate issued by the overseas kennel club. The applicant must also be the registered owner of the said export pedigree certificate; &
– a copy of the dog licence.
Matters to Note:
- If the applicant is unable to provide with the above-mentioned documents such as the overseas pedigree certificate, and/or the issuer of the overseas pedigree certificate is not recognized by our Club, the application will not be accepted.
- If the registered owner appeared on the export pedigree certificate is not the applicant who is a HKKC member, the application could still be processed by paying a transfer of ownership fee in the sum of HK$200.00 and submitting an application form – transfer of ownership. The form must be signed by both the previous and the present owner. If the registered owner appeared on the export pedigree certificate is not a HKKC member, a transfer of ownership fee in the sum of HK$400.00 shall be paid.